Wednesday, October 22, 2008

NICU Reunion!

Every year the hospital NICU does a reunion where all the babies that spent time in the NICU come back and they have a little party! Since it is around Halloween every year they do a fun little carnival thing for all the kids. Kristyn, who is holding the girls in the picture, is the brains behind everything that was so fun at the reunion! She was one of our favorite people in the NICU and will always be considered a friend, along with everyone else that we got to know so well over the 107 days in the unit! If I were to name everyone that we got so close to and that we will forever be in debt to for saving our girls lives and loving them so much, you all would stop reading because the list would be so long. We think about you all often and miss you guys!
Logan got to go too and wear her Dorothy costume. She loved it, she would wear her costume everyday if she could!
The girls were dressed up as the devil and the angel but because everyone greeted us right when we walked through the doors to see the girls, they didn't get into their whole costumes. They have tutu's that Hailey and I made, we will have to get a picture on Halloween with them in their full getup! The first thing everyone asks, of course, is if the devil and angel are any saying of their true characters...the answer is yes! I would never call Karsyn a devil, but sh is definitely the fiesty one of the two right now! I don't know what it is about Kennedy but she just melts my heart, she has the most precious eyes and just reminds me of a sweet angel. If you all remember, these personalities seemed to be switched when they were in the hospital, Karysn was easy going and kinda even lazy. Kennedy was the little spit fire, and would freak out at anything, but I am sure that is what kept her here with us!
Kennedy and her friend "Grandpa Simmons"! This was one of the great doctors in the NICU that Kennedy was pretty close to, whether she knew it or not!
One of the other nurses, Jamie! I wish we could have gotten pictures of all the nurses but after the first few minutes I put my camera down...that was dumb!


Just a little update on Kennedy and her helmet. We decided to go to another place to have it done because they are contracted with our insurance and we are going to see if we can get them to help us pay...I doubt it but it is worth a try right! Anyway, I wish I had taken pictures of this experience for her to look back on because it was a good one. At this new place they do a mold of her head instead of a scan so he had to put on a stocking that cover everything on her head but her little face sticking out. Then he had this mesh stuff that once it got wet it turned into plaster. He put one piece around the back and down to the neck and then another piece on top going the opposite direction. The stuff had to sit for about 5 or 10 minutes until it was dry enough to take off and then, presto...a mold of her head! He will then take this mold and make a helmet for her. This place has been so good to us and so nice, they will have the helmet ready next Thursday and she will probably be wearing it for the next 3 to 6 months. The only good thing is that maybe it will keep her head warm in the winter, oh and for those that wouldn't be able to keep them apart without the oxygen will now have something else to clue them off!

2 comments:

The Browns said...

I bet tjose people could hardly recognize them. They looked so dang cute. Give them a kiss from aunt jen.

Cody and Val said...

I love the costumes!