

This was a much different trip to the doctor than usual for Kennedy and I. We have decided to go ahead and get her fitted for the helmet fit to reshape her head. With everything she has been through and still deals with every day, this is the last thing on earth I want her to have to go through, but Kurt and I have decided that we need to do this for her, so that some day she won't be mad at us because the back of her head is a little flat. They had to put her in this dew-rag thing that was made of nylon and then put on on this little scan machine that had lasers that measured her head. It was actually really cool because it was painless and easy for her, but also once it was done the info went onto the computer and showed her head and neck in 3D! There were two different types of helmets, a foam one, and a plastic one. When I walked into the office there was a foam one on the desk and the guy started to tell me about everything. I have to admit that this was really hard, I immediately started to cry a little because the stupid thing is so big and ugly, and I was afraid that it would make her not even be able to hold her head up. He then said he thought maybe she would do better with the plastic one anyway because he head is so little. The only bad thing about the plastic one, is that it isn't as adjustable and once she grows out of it, well we have to fork out another 1800.00 for another one, and same with if she outgrows it again. He seems to think that she will need at least 2 before she is done over the next 2-3 months...can you say bankrupt! If anyone knows of any money trees growing around here let us know.
Anyway we got her all fitted and I just wanted to post some pictures of her before the helmet and then again after. This is probably the last time for a while you will see her beautiful little flat noggin without the helmet on!

It was kinda hard to take the pictures with her moving around everywhere but this gives us a good idea of what it looks like anyway!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Another Day at the doctor
Posted by Chelsey at 8:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






9 comments:
I am so sorry for you and all your struggles! I wish I knew more answers for a money tree! Is there no way to get insurance to cover some - since she was in the hospital "paralized"(whatever the word is you used!) for so long!? I am so sorry! She will probably thank you some day! Hang in there and know you have us around for support!
You guys are definitely doing the right thing. She will for sure thank you one day.
chels i am so sure that this has to be the last thing that that little cutie will have to go through. It has to be. She must have been one of the strong ones in heaven that said i will go through those things so nobody else will have to. She brobably also said that if she has to go through all of these things she gets to have you both as parents. I hope that one day i can be as strong a person and mother as you. I love you tons and am always here for you even though i know you can do anything. call me bfffffff.
Oh my, I just read jen's comment and I got all teary eyed! She is such a good friend! Sorry about the helmet but I am sure it will all be worth it. It win't be forever! She is so cute it won't matter anyway! Poor little thing is so tough and so are you that I know you can handle it! I got you message and I will call you tomorrow! LOVE YOU!
Chels good luck with your little one I kinda know how you feel. We have been to Primarys a time or two with Jake he has a cyst on his neck and we have had to go and have it drained. Its so hard to watch your kids go through all this I think its harder on the parents then the kids sometimes.
Chelsey, I just want to tell you how much I admire what you are doing for your girls. You are a wonderful mom, and only someone with as much strength as you have could do what you're doing. Good luck with the helmet thing, I know it will be hard, but it will be so worth it in the end. Let me know if you need anything!
Oh my!! 2-3 months is going to fly by so dang fast!! You are such a strong mommy..I really admire that about you. You are in our prayers...
I too got all teary eyed from Jenn's comment cause I too have thought those same about her being in heaven and picking you guys as parents. Hang in there I was given a poem when i had Kambree from Bishop reynolds and Shaunna that says:
Ther work of mothers is hard, too often unheralded work..Cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for wich heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones...Yours is the work of salvation, and therefore you will be magnified,compensated,
made more than you are and better than you have ever been as you try to makean honest effort,however feeble you may sometimes feel that to be-Jeffrey R.Holland
Hey Chels! Remember me? It's been a long time! Your girls are absolutely beautiful! My son has the same thing with the back of his head and goes to see the doctor next week. It's good to know that we are not alone in this, having never known anyone having gone through this. I hope she does great, yall are doing the right thing for her and your family! Good Luck!
Post a Comment