Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Another Day at the doctor

Well we spent another day at Primary Childrens Hospital with Kennedy today. This time we went to see the plastic surgeon about her "flat head"! I never thought that my 6 month old would see a plastic surgeon before me! Well he did say that she would benefit from a helmet and that we could probably wait about a month but that would be perfect because it may take that long to convince our insurance that see needs it and she wasn't just one of those babies that didn't change positions enough. The doctor also said that if our insurance doesn't pay, it costs about 1800.00 for the helmet...yikes. She will have to wear it for 23 hours a day for 2 months and then at night for another month...three months of more crap on poor Kennedy. I feel so bad for the girl but I don't want her to be mad at me later in life if she has a funky shaped head...what do I do???

Our precious gals!

I know we have a lot of pictures in their bumbo chairs but I am sick of the laying down on their back, nostril shots!

Logan loves this Halloween wig that was in the box of fall decorations. She thinks is is pretty fun to wear.




Not much else new with us. Kurt is about 3 weeks into his new job and it seems to be getting better and better. You know how it is starting a new job, new people, new stuff to learn and of course the long drive. Which is why our house if up for sale if anyone knows of anyone in the market!!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for being so excited for us and I have truly appreciated your support, friendship, and always being willing to talk.

I was going to let you know that Michelle's Brother and Sister-in-law had to also do the whole helmet thing. Maybe they could give advice or help. Just an idea!

I understand why you guys want to move. However it doesn't make it any easier on those of us that don't want you to move.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Normally I hate those giant flower things people put on their poor daughters, but somehow, your girls look cute in them. Good luck with the house situation.

Michelle said...

Like Emily said, my little nephew has had to be put in a helmet an her insurance wouldn't cover it because they said it was cosmetic. His head is mishapen because he sat in the birth canal too long because they were waiting for the doctor. His ear and eye are a little out of alignment and for a little while they have been concerned about the development of his brain if it gets any worse. So they decided to just get the helmet regardless of whether the insurance pays for it or not. It will be better for him in the long run and it is only money. I know if is hard to fork out that much, but it will be worth it. Good luck!!

Leisha said...

She will thank you when she's older...even though it seems like a pain now!

The Sparks family said...

That poor girl keeps having to deal with more and more all the time. I hope it all gets better sooner than later, you are doing awesome!