




Well just a quick update on the girls now that they are officially 6 months old. The twins went to their 6 month well check on Monday and Karsyn weighs 8 lbs 11 oz and Kennedy is 6 lbs 6 oz! They are both growing pretty good but the doctor said he expected them to take off by now and since they are not, he is going to start Karsyn on Neosure (extra calorie formula) throughout the day also. I was just going to give her an extra ounce or two hear and there so that I could still nurse her every time but I can't keep track of eating schedules very well that way so I may end up just nursing one and bottling the other every time switching each time. Anyway, we didn't check Kennedy's oxygen this time but when they go back in for their second flu shot in one month, we will check then. The poor girls were pricked to death this time between normal immunizations, flu shots, and they also both had to get PKU tests done for the state since they had so many transfusions while they were in the hospital they had to have them done 3 months after their last one now that their bodies have replaced the blood that was transfused with their own. The doctor also suggested that we take Kennedy to Primary Childrens and have her see a plastic surgeon about the back of her head being kinda flat. Her head got pretty flat while she was flat on her back in the hospital while she was sick and it still really hasn't rounded out much. That is all I want right now is to put a plastic helmet on the poor girl who already has oxygen and an apnea monitor, but I also don't want her head to be flat the rest of her life. Has anyone ever done the helmet thing??? I have heard that most insurance companies don't pay for them either because they are just cosmetic and that they are pretty expensive. Well either way we have an appointment on Tuesday Sept. 30th with a doctor down there to at least see what he says. Lets see, other than that not much new with us. My sister Lacey and her girls are in town this week and Logan is having so much fun playing with them, even though we haven't done a whole lot! Logan is also still loving preschool and comes home everyday with such fun stuff and stories!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
6 month check ups
Posted by Chelsey at 1:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
I know a couple of people who have had to wear helmest, My niece being one of them. I think they might have had better results if they would have done it sooner. It's hard to say if her head is more rounded, or if you just can't tell as much because she has hair now. They are pretty expensive though.
Hey this is Rachel Trujillo(Stucki), hope you don't mind that I found your blog. Your girls are adorable! With the helmet thing, one of our boys almost had to have it but the dr told us to really try to rotate him and prop him on his sides a little so it would round more. He still has a little flat spot but his hair does cover it. Also the Parson triplets in my parents ward in Layton, if I remember right one of theirs had to have the helmet but I don't know much about it. I can imagine the work and time it takes to take care of them and it looks like you are doing an amazing job. I know this might sound dumb, but for my boys' feeding, I put a chart on the fridge so that I knew how much and when and what they were eating because I couldn't keep track of it either. Hope everything goes well with the doctors appt.
They look so good and are so cute! That's too bad about Kennedy's head, hopefully you won't have to get the helmet. We need to do another play day. Logan's so cute too, she looks so much like kurt!
Hi! Of course I remember you! How are you? I cannot believe that your twins are 6 months! Where does the time go!?? You have such a cute family! You girls are darling! No, I am not working at Dr. C's anymore as of May! I finally got out of the stress! I work at Mindful Women Day Spa and love it! That is so funny that you went to school with Tay! We love him! Anyway, it's good to see what you're up to. If you don't mind I will add you to my list because some days this is all I do and that's sad I know but I get joy through knowing what other people are up to! Ha ha! Talk to ya later!
I'm so glad your girls are doing well. I look forward to hearing about their progress. I do a little cheer for them each time I hear about how they are doing. They are going to be go getters in life that's for sure!
I can't believe your twins are that old! It's fun to see what everyone is up to through blogging when we don't see each other that often. We'll have to hang out again sometime and play the Wii!!
Hey there! I just tagged you on my blog. I know it's kinda lame and you haven't got tons of time but if you want to do it, go right on ahead. I'm excited to see you at Michelle's wedding. Too bad we can't see each others babies. We're keeping ours at Jason's parents house. I'm sorry about the helmet thing. One of my friends just had to buy one and it was thousands of dollars. Yikes!! Hopefully the neosure does the trick and your girls start gaining weight faster. I hate that our babies are so small. I try feeding them a lot so they will get fat but they are sure taking their time. They are so much fun though. They are both starting to smile and roll over and show their personality. Fun stuff!!
Hey I am so happy to see how well you and your family are doing. Mindy and Lisa Pace kept me updated on what was going on and you were always in my prayers. Your girls are beautiful!What a blessing they are. Please keep in touch I would love to hear from you!
Post a Comment