Friday, February 27, 2009

So Much to talk about...brace yourselves!

Well I have been talking about it for a while now, and now here are some pictures to prove it's true!!! We sold our house and moved out! Here is a picture of Makinlee in her diaper "helping" us get packed up! It was a long process and I am super sad that we left our first home, but we are excited to see where life takes us next. I am going to miss so many people that we loved so much in our first home, since we lived there since 8 months after we were married. I hope that we can stay in touch with everyone and thank them for all being such great friends. Our family went through a lot while living in this house, good and bad, but one huge thing was having the twins. I will never forget all the loving people that helped us get through this really trying time in our families life, showing up with dinners, helping out with Logan, and just the many thoughts and prayers! We love you all and will miss you guys!
All the guys getting the Uhaul truck packed up to make trips to the storage unit! Thanks Dad, Chuck, Clay, and Scott! Yes my husband is retarded!
Kurt's Mom Laurie packing up the kitchen...brave woman, but only she could do it so good. I told her to smile because she was going to enter the blogging world, she did do that but forgot to open her eyes! haha!
The guys came to me after moving our living room couch and asked if I had a squirrel. I was confused until I came downstairs and saw this...Logan's peanut stash. That is one of the many things I am sure she did while behind the couch all the time...silly girl!
Logan was such a trooper through all this moving crap. She didn't have many of her toys and always had to entertain herself so I could pack when the little girls were sleeping. I guess got entertaining herself got old and she wanted to make cookies. Because I didn't want to dig out all the ingredients that we had all packed up, I thought she would like to just do these gingerbread guys that we just had to add and egg and water to a package and stick in the oven!
My Mom gave me this pan with a bunch of little gingerbread man shapes on it and then Logan got to frost them with her purple frosting and lots of sprinkles! She had fun and Kennedy had fun watching her too!
Just a picture of Hailey and me while we were packing up! Thanks Hailey for all your help, and thank you Mom for watching all my girls so I could just concentrate on packing up and getting out!
The girls playing with the last few toys we had at the house still!
Now onto the really exciting night we had! Kurt and I and my sister Hailey and her husband Clay got tickets to go to Rascal Flatts for Valentine's Day (I guess it was more of an excuse to go but it got the boys out of buying something for us, right).
I left the girls all home with Grandma Laurie and Aunt Rachel and then met up with Clay and Hailey to meet Kurt in Salt Lake for dinner. Eyes on the road Clay!
We decided to eat at Z Tejas at the gateway...yummy! Here is me and my hottie hubby waiting to be seated.
The guys...aren't they so cute! Watch as Clay's smiles change a little throughout the night taking pictures...
Me and my sis...isn't she beautiful!
Wasting time waiting for the concert to start...doesn't Kurt look so excited for it to begin!
Just the four of us...weird Clay has his eyes closed!
Taking silly pictures...again wasting time...I won't post the others because they were pretty ugly, but is was pretty fun!
Man, he just is so excited to be there!
This was the view from our great seats...I don't think I had been up that high since Jr. Jazz days! That's Ok it still rocked!
This is zoomed in by like 100 times and look how small they all are!
Looks like Clay is still smiling!
We took a lot of pictures of just us because...well what else is there to do!
Lucky man!
Trying to get all four of us in the picture, with two cameras after the concert!
And that is that...these last pictures are just from today when we were officially turning over our first home to someone else. We just had a few things left, things to take to the dump, and some cleaning and then...gone forever...
Here is our empty house...sad! I must admit there is nothing better than cleaning an empty house...so fun to vacuum an open room and there is nothing better than cleaning an empty countertop, I know I am weird but it was actually fun! Bye bye house...we will miss you but never forget all the memories that we made as a couple and family there!

9 comments:

Richard and Michelle said...

Oh Chels my heart just broke a little! That would be weird to leave a home that you've had so long with so many memories. Crazy. You guys look like you had a lot of fun at the concert. Call me!

Melissa said...

I'm jealous you got to go to Rascal Flatts! We missed you at dodgeball that night (although I'm sure you heard that it wasn't much of a game!) Where are you guys going to be living now?

Wehrle said...

I am sad you are out of your house!! It is so weird to think! I am also sad you guys ahd so much fun without me!! It looks like you had a blast! You both look beautiful in the pics.. all dressed up no kids... JEALOUS!!

Lesa said...

So, where do you live now? How is everyone adjusting?

Leisha said...

We were sad that we missed moving day...but we thought about you while we were laying on the beach in the Bahamas!! You have been such great friends...I know we'll keep in touch, but we are sad that you're out of the neighborhood.

Brandon And Kimberlee said...

I am so glad you had so much fun at the concert and dinner! That probably helped get through a tough week of leaving your home!! I am so glad we got to visit one last time and we will miss you like crazy! Good luck on the house hunting!

Cody and Val said...

We miss you guys already...we were lucky to have you as neighbors for so long. I'm so glad we became such good friends! We will definitely keep in touch though. Stop by any time. Looks like the concert was a lot of fun!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Oh my gosh, moving is such a chore, especially when you have kids, I'm sure. Looks like a lot of work. It is sad to move and leave things behind, but kind of fun having something new in your life!

hoLLY said...

Sad! i know what ya mean about leaving your first home! Im so sorry but how exciting at the same time! and what a fun concert!!!