Thursday, February 5, 2009

Freedom SWEET Freedom!!!!......

Freedom from Kennedy's helmet I mean! Kennedy is officially done with her helmet and we are all so dang excited about it...especially Kennedy. Over the last few weeks Kennedy's head seemed to have done some serious growing, or Kennedy was just deciding that she hated the thing, because every time we would put it on her she would throw a major fit, which she really hadn't done in a while. We took her in to the helmet doc and he said that she looked great and we could go a month or two longer to help with the flatness in the back but he couldn't guarantee that we would see a huge improvement...maybe maybe not. So after talking to him, he said to go see her regular doctor and have him decided if she is done. So today we had to get the girls RSV shots anyway so we asked Dr Eberhard what he thought. He said that it looked good and her ears were pretty even and nothing looked distorted or anything and she could be done. YEA!!!
Here are some before pictures of her head (from the back)
From the side
You can see kinda in this picture the part that was the worst, the sides. They said that she was bradycephalic (?) meaning that the sides were growing out instead of back and it made it look like she had points on the sides instead of being round. As you can see it was also flat in the back.
Well her is the AFTER pictures...You can see it is still a little flat in the back (well you can't see very well I know) but it looks lots better, just take my word for it.
I also tried to get a picture of the sides to show how rounded out they are and how good those look! Kennedy has been such a trooper through everything she endured in her first year of life and I hope that some day she will thank us for putting her through this helmet thing! Thanks to everyone for keeping our spirits up through it all, knowing that it was also very hard on us as parents. Also thanks to my Mom and Dad and Kurt's parents for helping out with the money part too...we couldn't have done it without you guys!

Now we also had the girls weighed and stuff today and...drum roll please........Kennedy is...8lbs 15 oz, great right! Well I wish I would have left her in a fuller diaper so we could say she was 9 lbs, but oh well she did great this month! Hopefully she will continue to eat well and she will be able to keep gaining. And as for our little (big) Karsyn... she is 13lbs even!!! Wow she has come a long way and is doing so well. I am amazed at how much that girl can eat so hopefully she will also continue to grow big and strong! We love you girls.

Last, Logan...what do you say about that sweet girl. She is such that...a girl. She is such a doll and we just love her so much. She is so into being "big" right now and decided that she was going to give sleeping in panties a try because her "big" cousin Elliott did. She has been doing this for about a week now and has only stayed completely dry 1 night out of them all. The other nights she wakes up in the middle of the night screaming because she has wet. Now I am very very sick of washing her sheets and stuff but I really want her to learn, but how do you teach that to someone??? If anyone has any ideas let me know because she wants so badly to do it. I think she is just such a heavy sleeper she doesn't wake up, so heavy that when she does wake up and call for us, in the morning she doesn't remember that it even happened and she insists to us that she stayed dry...funny girl. Anyway, I am not to the point where I want to give up but, if anyone has any idea on how to do it let us know!

7 comments:

Wehrle said...

Oh I am soooo happy for you guys! What a good girl Kennedy has been through the whole thing! Finally she can just be a baby and have no more equipment!!! Good luck with Logan and the potty thing! I remember Elliott did that same thing and I finally couldn't stand it any more and put her back in pull ups! I don't know how she finally trained but she judt did it one day! Just keep encouraging her!! I love you I will talk to you soon!!

Pitcher family said...

Yay Kennedy! You know she is going to be sitting any day now because she doesn't have that thing weighing her down. She is going to leave Wyattt in the dust...which she should. As for logan I have no advise, I don't want to think about pee anymore.

thebarrusfamily said...

yahoo!!! I'm so happy for you that her helmet is off. About the wetting the bed thing... my sister's little boy would wet his bed a lot too. She finally got an alarm that you put in the undies that goes off at the earliest sign of wetness. So it wakes up the kid before they completely wet the bed. It worked for them. I don't know where you get it but I thought I'd let you know that it's out there.

Good job on your twins weight!!!

Brett & Sari said...

Chelsea, they are so cute!! I can't believe how big they are getting. :)

Sari

Melissa said...

Glad to see things are going better for you guys! Your girls are so cute. I wish I had some advice for the bed wetting thing. Don't give up she'll get it. Good luck with that!

Joe and AnnMarie said...

Chels, I would love to hear the advice you get...we are in a similar boat. I actually just changed poopy underwear five minutes ago. It will be years before we tackle the night time stuff. Good luck. Your girls are doing so well. I bet you couldn't be any prouder.

Brandon And Kimberlee said...

I am so happy for you - and Kennedy! I think it looks great! (it's fun to see her hair has grown too!) I am sure she will thank you! It looks fabulous! I wish I had ideas on the underwear at night thing - we haven't mastered it either! I guess I could try harder! Good luck and if I hear anything I will pass it along!