Monday, February 9, 2009

Just stuff!

Logan playing on her laptop (not really hers, but our old one that she calls "hers")! I am amazed at how good a 3 year old can be at the computer.
Here are a few pictures of both the girls sitting up playing with the loudest toy known to man...but they love it. I can't say that Kennedy is officially sitting yet because she falls over pretty easy but, I think in no time she will be good to go! Not bad for a 9 pounder!
The girls can't take their eyes off their crazy entertaining Daddy!

Karsyn and Kennedy with Daddy
My mom, Hailey, Makinlee, Logan and I got together to make Valentine people thingies. Logan did this last year down at my sister Lacey's house with her cousin Elliott and she still has it and wanted to make another one this year.
You get the final product first since I did the pictures out of order...I always forget that! Anyway here they are, very proud!
Working hard in their "dancing" attire!
Grandma and Karsyn, she just wanted to eat the paper.
Cousin Makinlee eating her candy bracelet.
Logan loves anytime she gets to use glue and/or scissors!
Just getting started, cutting out all the legs, coloring on the face, and writing on the hearts.

OK, so we dug out the highchair finally. I hate them because they just take up so much room but I thought I would show everyone what the girls do in them. This is what Karysn does...totally normal right, she EATS.
And this everyone is what Kennedy does...plays. No eating for her, she absolutly hates baby food of all kind. The doctor says that she is fine without it nutritionally and not to force her but it is so weird. I have tried her as long as I have Karsyn and she liked it for a minute and now if you even go near her with a spoon, she freaks out...literally. So the doctor said to lay off for a while and try again later. He also said that a lot of babies that were ventilated are traumatized when it comes to things touching the back of their throats and she probably will be since she had some traumatic experiences with that. He said that sometimes they have to go to a dysphagia specialist to teach them to eat and that it isn't something bad. Man I wish I had that problem...I love food! She can't be a girl and not like food right? Well that will probably be the next obstacle in her life but hey, bring it on! Until then we will just let her take her little time and just keep feeding her bottles of yucky formula!

5 comments:

Richard and Michelle said...

You guys are so fun! I love the Valentines.

Wehrle said...

I htought those looked familiar! We did valentines this year too, I hope I can get them in the mail!! Kurt's facial har looks cute on him, it has been a while since I have seen it like that! Kennedy lloks sooo little in her high chair! And way to little to be sitting up! Give the girls a big kiss from me! MUAH!!!

Ross and Lea said...

It looks like things are going great. I just wanted to let you know if you need any help with packing or anything like that let me know. You have to take me up on my offers at some point right. Plus Beau keeps telling me we need to have another play day. I told him we have to get rid of the cold all of us have had or will have I am sure and we can have another one. Hopefully it isn't to long.
Love ya

thebarrusfamily said...

Hey! I love the Valentines decor. I've been totally out of it. I just barely got the kids their valentines for their parties and they were today and tomorrow. Oh well.

Hey... I was going to tell you that Brynlee HATED solids as well. Lyza absolutely LOVES anything though so I was worried about Brynlee not eating so I called our P.T. from the NICU and she said to try putting the baby food on the tray so the baby will play with the food with her hands then stick it in her mouth or maybe put a toy in the food and have her play with it and stick it in her mouth. Anyway... I tried it and she has started to take it a little better. She isn't as good as Lyza but she is starting to take some solids. She is still pretty picky about what she'll eat though. I also tried giving her a pickle and apples... just stuff that she could suck on and not actually eat and she seems to like that.

Sorry for the advice... I'm sure you've already tried everything but I just thought maybe this might help if you haven't already tried it out.

The Browns said...

Chels you are such a cute mom. They look like they are having so much fun just glueing paper together. Kids do remember things forever if they had fun making them. Your mom looks so cute to.