Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The day came

As you can see Karsyn is amused by Kennedy's new addition!
Well the day finally really came that our poor Kennedy has a new piece of plastic to add to her head. Kennedy got her reconstructive helmet yesterday, I don't know who hates it more, me or her. As usual the second the guy put it on her I started to cry, I am pretty sure every time that I have went to these appointments, which has been several times between the two places, I get a little emotional. My heart just aches for this little angel that has had to endure so much in her short little life. I just wish that I could take away her pain, and her annoyances (aka her oxygen, heart monitor, and now this stupid helmet). I really thought that I would be glad that we decided, or I should say, told from everyone that I would be glad I did it, and that I really needed to. But I still am not to that point. The first day she had to wear it on one hour and then off one hour, not wearing it for her naps and to sleep at night. When we would take it off we were supposed to watch for pressure spot, which she had. Today she had to do on two hours and then off one hour still not wearing it to sleep. Tomorrow we will wear it on four hours and off one, and start wearing it for her naps and at night. I think that places that left pressure marks are getting better so hopefully it will just take her head some time to get used to it. We also go back to the orthodics place to have them look and make sure it fitting right and not causing her any pain, or putting too much pressure on her head.
Every time I put the stupid thing on, I feel like crying but I am really trying to get over it and be strong for Kennedy. (PS, don't tell me that it will be worth it and I am doing the right thing because right now I still don't want to hear it because it is easy for everyone else to say that, they don't have to see her little eyes look at you so sad through the shadow of it and see her try to keep her head up with it on). OK, I am sorry to be rude, I don't mean it, I just really hope the next 3-4 months go by fast, or she gets used to it like everyone keeps saying she will. Anyway, do you all want me to tell you how I really feel!!!
I have some better pictures that I will have to get posted, but here she is!
You would think with all they can do in medicine now, they could come up with something better than this huge ugly thing. I am sorry that this post has been so negative, but that is how I feel. I just can't stand seeing her so unhappy, but can you blame her! I really do things will get better so hopefully I will be able to post some more positive things to come and we can all get used to how it will be for the next few months.

4 comments:

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Well I am sure it is really hard but the thing is, she is soooo dang cute! With or without the helmet she is still such a sweet little miracle! Keep your head up, I wish there was more I could say to help you. It's good to vent though and hopefully it will help you to get it out!

Brandon And Kimberlee said...

You are such a strong person and I know some of the challenges we face in life are so frustrating - you are normal! Sucks you have to go through this trial, but just know you have friends and family who love you and are here for you through the difficult times! And you aren't being rude - you are way too nice to be rude!

The Browns said...

Chels I am so sorry that you both have to go through even one more thing. When will it be enough? Who knows. I thought it was great that you said just what you felt. That is how I have always known you. That is also what I love about you. I am here for you girl. Call me. We can pound some girls faces at dodgeball to make you feel better. haha

Yankeefans said...

Chelsey.....I can't think of anything harder then to see your child in pain/discomfort and not being able to take that away...You are a great mom with incredible strength!!