Wednesday, November 19, 2008

8 Months Old...a pretty long post!



Well the girls are now officially 8 months old, I can't believe it! I just wanted to post a few pictures of the girls while also updating on how they are doing. We took the girls to the follow up clinic that they have set up for those infants born early like Karsyn and Kennedy on Monday. In this clinic they see how the girls are developing in every area...literally. I dropped Logan off at my mom's for Hailey to watch her while I took the girls, along with my mom because I can't go anywhere without her, especially that long. (Thanks Hailey, I know that I wouldn't make it without you here!) Anyway, the first doctor we saw was neurology. He tested their neurological development. He thought both girls were doing really well, looking at how they would grasp toys, their reflexes, and their overall response to what he was showing them. Next we got them weighed and stuff and then went to an occupational therapist who also got down on the floor with the girls and looked at how they would grasp for toys, lay on their tummys, and their overall muscle tone too! He thought that they both looked really good and said that Karsyn was probably like a 4-5 month old and Kennedy a 3-4 month old, mostly because Kennedy is still only 8 lbs she is limited physically on what she can do. He said because Kennedy was so sick in the hospital, she put developing on the back burner and just concentrated on surviving...that makes total sense! He didn't think that they needed any special help and that it would just take time for them to catch up, he couldn't see anything that was a red flag to any developmental problems or limitations. We then saw the eye doctor and they checked both their eyes and said so far so good. Next was a pediatrician who went through, I guess everything a new pediatrician would, checking their ears, hips, feeding, and a bunch more. He was just the nicest little old guy and you could tell he just loved kids. He was just so amazed with what all both these girls have been through, how well they are doing and what fighters they are! Next was the nutritionist and she just went over what they should be drinking at this point and how they were doing on cereal and stuff like that. Last we saw a social worker who just gave us some advice on raising these babies with special needs, including getting out once in a while. I just wanted to thank everyone who allows that to happen for us!

7 comments:

Brandon And Kimberlee said...

I am so glad to hear such a great update on your cuties! It's amazing how things work out in the long run and they are doing really well considering all they have been through! You have been so strong and good for them too! So happy for you!

The Sparks family said...

Yeah, it sounds like they are doing great. That is a lot of doctors to see all in one day, I'm just glad that it was all good news.

The Browns said...

I am so happy for you guys. You all have been through enough. Those girls are little fighters. Good for them. They deserve to be doing as good as they are.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going so well! I can't believe how big they are getting.

thebarrusfamily said...

YAAAA!! I'm so happy for you! They look so good! Congrats.

Leisha said...

I love that picture of the bare naked bums...You can definitely see the size difference in the two.

Wehrle said...

Three more days!!!!!!