Sunday, June 22, 2008

Together again!






Well when KURT and his parents went to see the babies last night they came into a SURPRISE...the girls were sharing a crib for the first time in their lives, 3 MONTHS and 3 DAYS OLD. I unfortunately missed this MILESTONE because I have spent the last few days stuck in my bed unable to function. After talking to different people I guess I have MASTITIS, an infection in my right boob (TMI I know). I have to admit, I can't remember ever being this sick pretty much my whole life, I literally didn't get out of BED almost all day Saturday. I am starting ANTIBIOTICS and hopefully will be able to get feeling better soon. Since what I have isn't contagious at least I can go see the babies right!! Anyway Kurt said that the GIRLS are doing really well, especially KENNEDY who is taking most of her feedings with a BOTTLE. I think we starved her for so long when she was sick she is ready to eat. KENNEDY is down to 1.5 liters on her oxygen and about 30%(if that means anything to some of you), but that is AMAZING considering where she was even one week ago. That proves how strong our little Kennedy is and that she ISN’T THE TYPE TO GIVE UP. Now the weird part will be is if Kennedy comes home before KARSYN who just doesn't seem to want to eat. We will see but it looks like it shouldn't be much longer before we get to BRING THE GIRLS HOME!

4 comments:

Ross and Lea said...

YEAH!!!!!! I am so glad to hear all the good news. We love you. Keep in touch. Let me know on a day.

Leisha said...

Oh...Chels, I feel your pain!! I have definitely had my fair share.
It's so exciting to hear that the girls are doing so well!!

The Sparks family said...

Those are such cute pictures of them together! Sorry you have been so sick, but glad that you are getting better!

Anonymous said...

Those are the sweetest pictures! Especially the one of Kurt. What a cute dad. That pacifier looks HUGE. Glad you are feeling better.