Monday, June 30, 2008

Home Sweet Home



Well we never thought the day would really ever come but it has. We are planning to take the girls home on Wednesday morning after "rooming in" Tuesday night at the hospital with them. Karsyn was ready a few days ago but I thought since it was so close we will just wait and have them come home together! Karsyn is now eating so great, sometimes up to 80 or more cc's. Kennedy is also doing so great,she will come home on oxygen and heart monitors. Karsyn weighs 6lbs 8oz and Kennedy is a wopping 3lbs 13oz, maybe she will hit the 4lb mark before Wednesday!!! Anyway I will probably post some more stuff when they are actually home but we just wanted to thank everyone for all their support. This has been a very trying time for us and we are so glad to start the next adventure, raising twins! We would love to have visitors, but please just remember how delicate these girls are and if you or anyone you have been around is sick please wait to come until you or they are feeling better! Hopefully with everyone's cooperation we will be able to make it through this first year with the least amount of sickness as possible. Thanks everyone,we love you all!

10 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

I am so happy for you, it is so wonderful they both get to come home together. I think it was the happiest day when we got to bring Luke home, I finally felt like I got to be a mother to him. No one else around to take care of him but you it was wonderful. I hope it all goes well and you will all be home under one roof on Wednesday. I was really quite nervous the first few weeks with Luke so again if there is anything I can do to help just let me know. Seriously this news made my day, what a blessing!

Melissa said...

Yea!! That is so exciting that the girls finally get to come home. What a blessing! I have been checking your blog every once in awhile to see how things are going and I'm glad things are going better for you guys. I can't believe how big Logan is getting. She is so cute! Tell Kurt hi for me. Good luck!

Jason and Tricia said...

That is so awesome that they are coming home! I bet you can't wait to get your life back to normal. What a long journey that must have been. Hope to see you soon!

Austin said...

How exciting! It has been a long road for you. I read some of your older posts and had no idea everything that you guys have gone through. You have little fighters! And Logan is probably looking forward to being more involved with the babies.
Let us know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. We have a house full of sick people, so we will take a raincheck on a playdate.
Now the fun part of twins, one cries and wakes up the other in the middle of the nap, both want to be fed at same time. . .it will probably seem wonderful after the last 3 months.

Joe and AnnMarie said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you. Can't imagine the road your family has traveled. Good luck with the transition. I'm looking forward to reading your posts after you get home.
AnnMarie

The Stucki's said...

That is so exciting! I am so happy that your girls have beens such fighters!! I am sure you are very excited to have the coming HOME!!!

Kimberly said...

Yea, I'm so happy to hear everything is going so much better. I have been out of my normal blogging mode since I'm back, but I would love to come see you, and hopefully the babes too. I'm so happy for you and excited for this next phase to start for you. The normal one, where your kids get to be home with you. I'll call you and hopefully be seeing you soon.

The Brown's said...

Chelsey, that is great news!!! Who would have thought a week or two ago that BOTH would be going home. YAY!

CLUFF FAMILY said...

We are so happy for you and your family. Good luck with everything.