


Well there is good news and bad news. First the good news is that Kurt and I were able to go to Park City over this weekend and had a lot of fun. We left Friday night after visiting the girls at the hospital and came home Sunday afternoon. Logan was able to spend the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa Lindsay…thanks guys! Kurt and I decided we wanted to do the zipline because we have both already done the alpine slide. I must admit I thought that I would be a lot more scared, no thanks to the screaming lady that went right before us. It really wasn’t that bad, mostly just the anticipation of them opening the gates to let you go! Other than that we pretty much just spent too much money shopping and eating, what else is there to do!
OK, as for the bad news, I really don’t want to even write about this but I feel like I need to let all those who are following the twins what is going on and I don’t have time, or energy to call everyone. Lets be honest, I rarely make it through talking about it right now without balling my guts out. Sunday night when Kurt and I went to the hospital for our nightly visit after our weekend away we rang the doorbell to the NICU just like normal. We rang a few times before someone finally came, the charge nurse answered and said that Kennedy has taken a “turn for the worse” and they are working on her right now and the doctor was on her way. I guess earlier in the day they drew a “blood gas”, which without going into “medical terminology 101” that is a test to show how well she is breathing in the oxygen and then exhaling out the carbon dioxide. They both have been getting these tests done daily since they were born but this time Kennedy’s was way up, over a 100 (if that means anything to anyone). They had to reintubate her, which took forever because she is so feisty and strong. The nurses, doctor, and respitory therapist said that they couldn’t believe how strong this 4 lb baby was, and that she actually was biting them when they would put their fingers in her mouth. Once they finally got her hooked back up they had to sedate her and actually started her on a paralizer because they didn’t want her to pull out her ventilator again. The doctors are not sure why she has crashed so hard all of a sudden other than she has crap for lungs. She, as you know, is getting over two different bacteria and that I think has just made her very weak. Right now they are running all sorts of tests and have her on a book of medications to help her get better but she is very very sick. Last night when Kurt and I were there she had to be resuscitated a few times and the doctor said that some babies bodies going through this will just shut down. We are just praying that she isn’t one of those and hope that she shows us that fire that she has had throughout this whole time. Anyway, I know that was really long but even that was just skimming the surface of the problems poor Kennedy has been having over the last 24 hours and continues to have. Karsyn is just still learning to take the bottle and now takes usually about half of her bottle twice a day!
9 comments:
Hey Chels. I am so sorry. Like everyone else, I want to help where I can. I know you are super busy, but I think about you guys often. I ride my bike past Ogden Regional on my way home from work and always wonder if you are there. Our prayers are with you and your family.
I love you chels! I really wish I was there! If you need me there you know you say the word and I will come! I keep praying for kennedy, I don't know what lse to do! Please keep me updates, I know you are busy. I love you so much and I am just so sorry you keep getting worse news! Give all three of your babies a big squeeze from me! MUAH!!
Ahh Chels! I am so sorry! I can't even imagine what you guys are going through! If there is anything at all you need, just let me know, I live like 2 seconds away from you. I can come tend Logan any day, just let me know. I hope that baby kennedy keeps on fighting. Love you guys! Your in our thoughts and prayers.
Kurt & Chelsey,
I saw your blog on Haileys and hope you don't mind that I've followed the progress of the twins, here. They are beautiful.
I cannot even begin to imagine what you guys are going through.
I don't khow what to say. It sounds like Kennedy is real fighter, though.
We are praying for you and your family...especially Kennedy.
Hey we love you all so much. Keep us updated and don't forget you can call any time. You're in our prayers. Don't give up hope.
You are in my prayers! I cant even imagine what you are going through. You are so strong! I really look up to you. Love you tons...Emily
Hey Chelsey, you know no matter what happens we are all here for you. We love you so much, I hope you and Kurt are not stressing too much. Let me know if I can help with anything. Love Ya, Hailey, Clayton, and Makinlee
I am always thinking about and praying for you! I will pray hard for Kennedy and Karsyn. Glad you got to get away, sorry you had to come back to such bad news. I am ALWAYS happy to watch Logan or help in any way I can!!!!
Post a Comment