Monday, April 7, 2008

Life Changes





Well I guess life has turned us in the direction of using a blog with all the changes we are experiencing. On March 18th Kurt, Logan, and I added two more gals to our family. I had been in the hospital for a few weeks before the doctors decided it was too risky to leave the babies inside any longer. The girls were born at 28 weeks and 3 days. Karsyn Leigh weighed 2 lbs 1 oz and Kennedy Ann weighed 1 lb 3 oz and were both about 11 inches long. Over the last few weeks, since they are 3 weeks old tomorrow, we have had many ups and downs. Right now Karsyn is eating about 8cc's every 3 hours and is now off of her ventilator and just has a nasal cannula giving her oxygen. Kennedy is a little behind Karsyn but fighting hard. She has just finished treatment for her PDA, a duct in her heart that needs to be closed, and since it now looks closed hopefully she will be able to make some progress soon. It seems to be pretty unanimous that these girls and both testy and touchy. We hope this fire will help them to continue to fight for their lives!!! We look forward to seeing them everyday and hope that we will be able to bring them home with us soon to be with us and their big sister Logan. Thanks to everyone who has been such a support to us through this crazy time.

2 comments:

Joe and AnnMarie said...

Kurt, Chelsey, and girls,
Thanks for keeping us updated. I've been thinking about you a lot since I heard about your twins coming early. I hope everything continues to look up and your girls continue to take steps forward. It's a tough road, but you guys are strong. We love you and our thoughts are with you.
Joe, AnnMarie, Myles and Sullivan.

Scott said...

Wow, those pics are almost identical to ours. Glad to see them so happy now...