
Well not a whole lot has changed in the last few days, which is actually a good thing in their case. Karsyn is still doing really well on just oxygen and they are trying now to get her feedings increased. She is now up to about 10cc's every 3 hours and they will increase it by 1cc every 6 hours if she is still digesting it all every time. Just to give you an idea, there are about 30cc's in an ounce so she is only feeding about 1/3 of an ounce every three hours, not much but she is moving up fast and we are glad she is tolerating that even. As for Kennedy she is still doing steroids to boost up her lungs so she can come down on her vent settings. They did move her over to the traditional vent instead of the oscillator, which is pretty much a lateral move but may be easier to wean her down soon. She is still not feeding at all but they may start in the next few days at 1cc!!! Anyway, no news is good news for us at this point and we are just still taking it day by day but seem to be making progress! I also hope to get so updated pictures of the girls because our computer is being dumb right now and won't download them and we have some better pictures now that they are a little easier on the eyes, ya know!! As for that other gal of ours, Logan, she is hanging in there also. She has required a little extra attention lately, expectedly, because of all the running around. She was pretty much potty trained and now is deciding that she wants to have accidents once in a while. She is being so good though through all of this and we love her to death! Love you all!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Karsyn, Kennedy and Logan
Posted by Chelsey at 3:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
Yea!! I am so glad you got your blog up!! It looks so cute! I can't find a cute background... where did you go?! I am glad I got to see some differnt pix, even if they aren't new!! I love you guys!!
Yipee, I'm so glad you started a blog. They make it so easy to see how everyone is doing. I'm happy to hear that your twins are hanging in there, and I loved the picture of Kurt and Logan skiing. I'm jealous. Love ya, Kim
Good Job Chelsey! I knew it was just a matter of time til you jumped the boat! Make sure you let me know if you need anything, really....I am just a few minutes away so if you want to drop Logan off when you go to the hospital let me know....I can be very entertaining!!!
I am glad you are now blogging too so I can see how you guys are doing and keeo in touch better. Your little babies are so sweet. My heart goes out to you. That must be so tough on you and the big sis. I wish I was there to lend a hand. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
I'm so glad to see you havea blog. It is darling. It sounds like the twins are doing better. I hope that continues. I hope all is well.
Hey Chels, it's Nat.....you had twins? Holy cow..has it been that long? I hope things are going well , I added you to my blog...hope that's okay?
So I really don't know blogging eticacy because to be honest I have found several people from high school and I read up on how people are doing and then I don't leave a trace. I kind of feel snoopy. So I just landed on your blog and I can't help to respond. In fact I had a hard night sleeping after reading about your little babies last night. Last August I delivered a little boy at 28 weeks also. I often found comfort from people who had experienced something similar. Not that I can give you comfort because I can't imagine having 2 babies in the NICU. One was enough for us. I just want to wish your family best of luck and know that you are in our prayers!
Mikel (Sorensen)
Post a Comment