Thursday, April 17, 2008

Big girls!!







Well I wouldn't say they are fat by any stretch but Karsyn and Kennedy are trying so hard to grow. Karsyn is still just increasing her feedings, she is now up to 19cc's every three hours and also have 4 extra calories added with a powder mix to beef her up...yes 4 calories. Kennedy is still increasing on her milk also and is now at 6 cc's every three hours. The doctors are hoping to get her off her ventilator maybe tomorrow...cross your fingers. Kennedy has given the doctors a run for their money, she has had ultrasounds on her heart several times and they have seen two things on the right side of the heart that they can't figure out what they are. They have thought they could possibly be clots or masses or tumors but even the "best doctors in the nation" at Primary Children's can't decide what they are and have never seen anything like it before. They have decided that because she is so little and still unstable that they are not going do anything about them right now and are hoping that they will just go away, which is what we are hoping also. She is going to be a handful I think!!! Anyway life is good and I am enjoying the extra time that I get to spend with Logan at home, even though everything is a little crazy right now. Logan is talking so good and says the funniest stuff, we laugh at her all day. She loves to color and draw and is pretty good at it too, maybe she will be an artist like her daddy!!! She is loving having her cousin Makinlee home here in Utah and adores her aunt and uncle Clay and Hailey who she hasn't had close by since she was very little. Thanks to all who are helping us out, especially family, we wouldn't be able to get through this without you.

4 comments:

Wehrle said...

Yea!! They are looking sooo good!! Cute little bows in their hair!! Oh my gosh I miss you guys so much I wish I was home to see those babies and give logan the biggest squeeze! I love you!

Kimberly said...

They are cute despite all the equiptment. Hope you're doing okay. Lots of love, Kim

Steph said...

Hey Kurt and Chelsey! We just want you to know that we love you and are keeping you all in our prayers- please let us know if there is anything we can do for you!
Brady, Steph and Hayden

CLUFF FAMILY said...

Hey this is DeAnna (Martinez)Cluff. I can't believe you had twins, and so early! Good luck we will pray for your caute family!