Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2009
We were with the Lindsay side this year for Thanksgiving and we had a such a great one! We played a little Wii with the kids before dinner was ready! This is always interesting with 3 kids that think they know what they are doing, and really don't! I shouldn't say this because my nephew Jake is pretty good and kicked my butt in Mario Cart every time!
Karsyn and some of her food before the dinner was completely ready. She is also saying "cheese" in this picture because that is her new thing! I love it!
The little girls and their olives on their fingers! They thought that was so fun!
Kennedy!
Logan, Karlee and Jake
The dinner table (minus Kurt who is taking the picture)! The Lindsay's love to take pictures and probably hate me for taking this! Oh well! Laurie did most all the cooking and did such an amazing job as always!
Kennedy sitting down by G and G eating!
The girls got in on the Wii playing too! They walked around using the remotes as phones...I know, only cute to me as their Mom!
After dinner we hung out for a little while and then later that night I headed to Park City with some friends for my first real "Black Friday Shopping". I have been out on this day in years past but usually not until like 10 or 11 am...not really considered a die hard, I know! Here we are lookin a little tired considering it is at 2 am. The next one is us at 4 am...hence the bloodshot eyes!
We had such a good time. We started out at the outlets waiting in line for a while until the stores opened. We shopped there for a few hours, went to McDonalds to refuel, and then off to tackle Wal Mart! Here is Me and Jen and Nicki waiting on the floor by the $3 PJ's...ridiculous right?! This year the doors were already open instead of opening them at 5 am when all the sales started. So, they had all the sale stuff wrapped in Saran wrap with signs all over them saying that those items were not on sale until 5am and NOT TO TOUCH. Well considering all the classy people that shop at Wal Mart and the crazy people that had to get their "deals", this did not go over well. The workers were constantly yelling at people and telling them to get away. People were actually (not us of course) taking stuff out and putting it in their carts and then hiding it with coats and stuff. Anyway, we all split up and got everything we wanted...including our $3 Jammies!
Here we are all stuffed in the car with all the loot! We all had to hold boxes and bags of stuff on the way home because we filled the back up pretty fast!
We had an amazing Thanksgiving with all the important people in our lives...even though I didn't get to see any of my family this year. We have so many people in our lives that are literally our survival, I don't know how we would do it without them. This year more than ever before I have really been mindful of all my blessings, and have really had things put into perspective for me about what is truly important to me!

3 comments:

Precious Cargo said...

Ha Ha HA talk about some serious fun lets make it a tradition every year!!!!!

Wehrle said...

I am so glad you guys had such a great Thanksgiving! I really missed you guys... I love you!!

Richard and Michelle said...

Oh my, you are CRAZY!!! I am not into this kind of stuff....