Friday, December 12, 2008

The BEST and Worst news ever!!!

Well what do you want first, the good or the bad. I will start with the greatest news ever since I have these cute pictures to go with the post. Yesterday was the twins' 9 month check up with the doctor...yes it has been 9 months since they were born, crazy! To start, Karsyn weighs 11 lbs 11 oz and is 24 inches long with a head circ. of 15.75! She is still not on the charts yet but is growing steadily!
Kennedy weighs 8 lbs 8 oz and is 21.5 inches long with a head circ. of 14.75, which obviously she is not on the charts yet either but the doctor is very happy with her steady growth also. He showed me the growth chart in comparison to "normal" babies and she is on the same curve, just way below it. That means she is gaining a good amount of weight each month!
OK, as you have been able to see so far, there is something missing on Kennedy's face...her oxygen and she didn't just get out of the bath! We tested her oxygen sats and she is doing perfect...she is done with the oxygen!!! I don't know who is more excited, me or her (or maybe Kurt, I don't know)! I had to take her back in this morning after she had been off of it all night and get retested and she did great. The doctor said that I should hang on to the oxygen stuff for a few weeks just to make sure she doesn't poop out and need it again.
As you can tell, this is about the most exciting news I have ever gotten. Yesterday I went over to Hailey's house after picking up Logan from school to play while people were looking at our house and I got Kennedy out and just danced around with her. I love having no limits or cords that require me to sit down or carry the 20 lb bag around! As you can tell this is the best news, I am so excited for her, now we just have to get the helmet off and she will be FREE!
Now as for the bad news. I won't go on and on about it because right now I am just too excited for Kennedy that nothing else matters (but really this is much bigger). On Tuesday at work, Kurt found out that they were laying him off soon. If you all remember, this is the job that he has only been at for about 3 months and they begged him to come work there and gave him everything that he wanted and more to get him there. They said that because of the economy they don't have enough work and he is the new guy. I can't even tell you how pissed I am because he was at such a good job before that he loved and made great money. We both really felt like this job would branch him out and give him other great opportunity...ya, I guess not. Anyway, they suck, and we are at any time going to be out of a job. We don't really know what we are going to do because we will have absolutely no money coming in, and more importantly NO INSURANCE. We know not having insurance isn't an option so we will have to figure something out soon. Our house is still up for sale and hopefully now, more than ever, it will sell and we can move in with family until we get back on our feet. if anyone hears of anything for Kurt to apply for, please let us know! Happy Holidays, I guess!

14 comments:

Wehrle said...

I am so happy I have tears in my eyes! I know how hard it has been for you to watch sweet kennedy go through all of her many trials and slowly they are getting better and better! i know she is not out of the woods yet but...YEA!!! I wish I was there to hug her and dance with ehr too! I can't tell you how happy I am! MAUH!!!
I won't go into Kurt's whole thing... boo!It will work out! I LOVE YOU!!!

Austin said...

Nine months all ready! That's crazy! Glad to hear that they are both doing good and yeah for no more oxygen!
So sorry to hear about the job situation. We have been there before and know how you feel. I have always said it is the worst thing to go through and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It sucks! We'll keep you in our thoughts and hope that everything works out fast.

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Yay! I am so glad to hear that things are going well with the babe! Hopefully everything is smooth sailig from here on out. As for your hubby, I am so sorry. I hope things work out. Let me know any info on your house. My hubby does real estate and maybe he can find someone to buy yours! Let me know if we can help!

Richard and Michelle said...

Wow! I'm so happy for you guys and especially Kennedy! She looks great, they both look so healthy, I can't believe the miracle you've witnessed. You guys have come so far, I can't believe it's been nine months either that is just crazy.
Doesn't it seem like if it's not one thing it's another? I'm so sorry about the job situation. You girl will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!
I love ya!

Melissa said...

That is great news about Kennedy!! But doesn't it always seem for every step forward there is something that throws you 2 steps back?!! I'm sorry to hear about Kurt's job, that really sucks! Something better will come along, I'm sure of it! Doesn't it suck to be a grown up and have to deal with all this stuff??!!

Emily said...

Fantastic news about Kennedy. That is so great to hear that they are both doing well. They are so beautiful.
I am so sorry to hear about Kurt. I will remember you guys in our prayers, and we will let you know if we hear anything. Good Luck you guys. Know that we still love you and wish nothing but the best for you.

Brandon And Kimberlee said...

That first picture is so adorably cute! I am so glad for you with the first news! How fun to be free from one major annoying thing - oxygen! I am beyond sorry for the layoff - ugh! It's ugly out there and I am so sorry! I really hope things work out soon for you and we will keep our ears open for job and house. Not that we want you to leave! :(

hoLLY said...

Yay! im glad you found me, it's good to see what your up too, well I heard about your darling twins from Stacey (she's me neighbor) so I am glad all is well with those little cuties! Im so sorry about your hubby! I'm sure it'll work out! please keep in touch! YOur family is adorable!

Leisha said...

First of all...the pictures are too cute!!
That really is the best and the worst news ever. PLEASE let me know if we can do anything to help you.

The Browns said...

Chels I can't even tell you how happy I am for Kennedy and you. I am sure it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders and now you can breath. I love ya so much and it makes me so happy to see you happy. Kennedy is the strongest little thing and is going to have some great stories to tell when she gets older. Wow how great.
Oh and the job issue I love ya like I said before and will be here when ever you need me. Just call and I will be there. Like you have always been for me. Seriously call me! Now! Go get your phone new! I am waiting!

Tara Chase said...

I am so sorry to hear about Kurts Job. That sucks. Things are just so hard right now. I am sure something will work out. Great news about kennedy. They are looking great. I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Heather said...

Yea for Kennedy! And You and Kurt too (since you had to lugg that backpack thing around). That is such great news! She is quite the little fighter! And that is too bad about Kurts job, I'll tell cam to keep his ears open for jobs. Let me know if you need anything.

thebarrusfamily said...

HEY! That's awesome that your girls are doing so well. Yeah... I agree that it sucks when they are sick. And it's not only one, it's two. I can't seem to keep their germs to themselves. I just took them to get their RSV shots so the nurse was able to listen to their lungs and they were doing ok. I was nervous because they have pretty bad coughs and they don't have a voice. But the nurse seemed to think they were OK. Brynlee sleeps a lot better than Lyza. Sometimes they sleep through the night but last night (I think because they were sick) Lyza was up 3 times but Brynlee slept all night. That makes me nervous though too because I worry that she isn't getting enough to eat. Too much to worry about. So sorry... I don't have any good advice on how to not go crazy. I'm right there with ya. Just ask Jason.

Kristina said...

This is kinda random,but I wanted to give you my (YOU ROCK)..I saw your blog through Lyndee's blog, and wanted to leave a comment.
I admire you as a mom, and a mom of twins. Why I'm leaving a comment is this, when reading your blog you were talking about your baby with the oxygen, my heart goes out to you. My first baby was a preemie, and weighed only 2.6 pounds, and after 63 days in the NICU he was finally able to come home,yet not without the aid of oxygen and heart monitor for 6 more months. The day he went of the oxygen was the BEST DAY ever. It brought tears to my eyes when you talked about dancing with your baby for the first time without oxygen. I too will always remember that moment and what a great moment it was.
I hope all is going well with you and your cute family.