Monday, December 8, 2008

Annual Friend Christmas Party!

Well every year, I think, since we have all graduated we have had a Christmas party with all our friends, and now our husbands and kids. This year we had it at AnnMarie's parents beautiful remodeled house. It worked out perfect because it was a big space and then the kids could just run around downstairs and play! This year we did a bunch of yummy soups for dinner and then Christy brought "Rockband" on the Wii. We had so much fun, especially me because we left the twins at home with Grandma and Grandpa Lindsay and just took Logan. Logan is at the age where she doesn't have to be watched all the time so I had such a good time just hanging out with all my best friends. I have the best group of friends ever and am so glad that we can all still hang out like we did in high school even though we all have our own little lives now. I have the best friends in the world...I love you guys!!! We did miss a few people that are living out of state or had other things going on but I think we did pretty good getting all of our busy December schedules together!
All the girls (from the left) Heather Jones, Lea Belnap, Melanie Brown, Paige Bell, Jen Brown, Me, Christy Webster, Courtney Winager, and Stacey Carter. In the picture above AnnMarie Wilson stepped in too because she was the only one chasing her kids around at the time! Too bad I was pulling this face otherwise this would have been a cute picture.
Here is some of the husbands just sitting around chatting while we all catch up and play Rockband. (from left) Stacey's husband Josh, Paige's husband Chris, Courtney's husband Jordan, Heather's husband Cameron, and Kurt and Logan (who was playing with Jen's baby Hudson half the time in the highchair!)
All the yummy food, good job guys!
Stacey singing along to Rockband...you go Stace!
Here is the rest of the "band" for the first round. Lea and I both played the drums and we totally sucked but it was still way fun. Jen and Christy on the guitars.
Thanks Heather for taking and sending us all the pictures since I suck and I forgot my camera. I know all of you guys at the party will already have these pictures but I had to post them for myself incase I ever get this made into a book! Thanks again to everyone who planned the party it turned out great and it was so fun to see everyone, Merry Christmas ya'll!

7 comments:

Tara Chase said...

Looks like I missed a great party. Shane was busy with school it is almost finals. Hopefully next year. Cute pictures. I miss everyone.

Wehrle said...

Looks like I missed a good party! I iwsh all my girl friends still got together! You really are lucky to have such great friends after all these years! And bonus... no babies!!! I will email you all those pictures a little later, if I can figure out how!

Aleese and Scott said...

I think that is so neat that you all still get together. That is rare to stay friends like that for so many years. Looks like you guys had such a great night!

The Stucki's said...

Wish I could have been there....I haven't been in Utah for the last 3! Looks like it was so much fun. Maybe we'll be there next year!? Glad to hear you got a bit of a break too- Merry Christmas!

Richard and Michelle said...

Looks like fun! I freaking love Rock Band, we should get together with Cort and play with our husbands. We could make it an all nighter!

Barney Family Blog said...

Looks liek so much fun!! I 'm sad I missed it. We've been away so much I think I've only made it to a couple. One of these days hopefully we'll be close again. It was fun to see the pic of all the girls together! Miss you guys!

The Browns said...

That party was great. I also love our friends so much and prey every night my kids have friends like ours. We Are so lucky. What great memories we will all have forever. When we all die will we still be best friends? Duh if we aren't I will be pissed!!!