Sunday, April 25, 2010

Zoo Day!

In Utah you have to take full advantage of "nice" days in the spring, because the next 5 days after it could be freezing! So, last week we had a beautiful sunny day and decided to head down to the zoo! We decided at the last minute so we didn't have our double stroller or anything else extra with us but we made do, and we got to surprise Logan when we picked her up from school that we were going! She was excited because usually she asks what we are doing, and I usually say...nothing! haha!
First stop was the monkeys! All the kids love the monkeys and would have been content to stay there the whole time!
I had to throw this picture in because it was too funny! I wanted to get a picture with Logan and I and the elephant in the background. I told Logan to sit on that little rail and she flipped out. She said she thought I was going to throw her over to the elephant. lol! This fearless child is so funny when it comes to stuff like that!
Sittin on the rino with cousin Makinlee!
Me and my little Karsyn! These girls did so great and loved every second of seeing all the fun animals!
Poor Wyatt on the other hand, he looks so sad because not long after we got there his eyes got all red and watery and his face was all blotchy. He was such a trooper even though Hailey found out the next day he had a double ear infection and a bunch of other stuff.
Karsyn pushing Kennedy in the stroller. That lasted about 4.5 seconds!
Wyatt was trying to tell us how incredibly hot these tigers were, but we wanted our picture. Haha! We felt pretty bad once we felt them and found out they were REALLY REALLY hot! oops!
Kennedy checking out the tiger's tail!
Me and my girls in front of the real tigers! We were so excited to see that not only was there actually a tiger you could see, but there were 4 of them!!!
The tigers were by far the best part of the zoo this time! This "baby" tiger was down in the water playing with the kids on the other side of the glass and with this big ball in the water! His buddies joined in too after a while! Logan and Kinlee had a front row view and thought it was awesome! Oh PS, check out his freaking paws! Holy cow, I would not want to come in contact with that thing in the wild!
These 2 really wanted to get in and play too, they were so fun to watch!
We didn't get to have the girls pictures taken with the lion drinking fountains, like you have to when you go there, but we did get this traditional picture with the girls measuring up to the gorillas! Karsyn and Kennedy were still a little unsure but love to do what Logan does!
SO BIG!
This gorilla however, K and K would have nothing to do with. They did not like it!
We headed back to see the elephants one more time before we went home. Wyatt and Kennedy decided they were buddies! So cute!
Karsyn wanted in too! I am so glad that Karsyn and Kennedy have cousins their age that will grow up to be some of their best buddies!!
The darling little baby elephant! Isn't it cute! We sat and watched him/her (haha, I don't know) splashing around in the this little puddle. It was so cute! We had such a fun day and can't wait for more warm weather!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Cute pictures! The twins already look older compared to last month. I love spring too- it's nice to get out!

hoLLY said...

so fun! cute pictures!!! I cant wait to take t there this year!!