Sunday, May 9, 2010

Naughty girls and new house!

I am about a week late, but we finally moved into our new house! We found this great house that we have been waiting for all the paperwork and loan stuff to go through on in Syracuse. We love the location and are even close to 2 of our good friends too! I have not taken any great pictures yet of it, but we are working hard to find time to get it all put together! We signed the closing paperwork last Thursday. It was a little crazy for us because I was gone, right after we closed, to a purse party and then again the whole next day at another boutique for the purses I sell. Luckily, we have awesome family to help us (by us I mean Kurt) get the house all cleaned up and ready to move in. By the time I got home at 9:30 on Friday night, we had all the major stuff all moved and and were able to spend the night there!!! Thanks guys! I promise to get some better pictures up of it, because I DO want to get some before and after pictures because there are some changes we are making, and the yard needs some serious TLC because it was a bank owned home and has been vacant for over a year.
Now for the "real" day to day life for us...Karsyn decided that she no longer liked to sit in her booster chair that straps her in. She wants to sit on the barstool by itself. It was only a matter of time that she fell because the chairs are not the best. I was making the girls breakfast on the other side of the counter and the chair fell backwards and she fell forward, landing on the bar. I am still not sure if she bit all the way through her lip or if she bit the inside and then sliced open the outside???? Not sure, but she cut herself up pretty good and seems to be healing well though!
Kurt has been doing A LOT of work around here getting stuff put together and hung up and well...all sorts of things that I can't do! The girls are REALLY helpful as you can see!
Here is one picture of the family room and kitchen area! I know it is a little dark, and still very undecorated (nice word right). We are working on getting all the big stuff put together first and slowly putting stuff up! We happened to move in right on the week that both Kurt and I start soccer and softball so we are pretty busy at nights right now. We got a lot done this weekend though! We are going to love weekends for a while!
I just had to throw this picture in too because I just want to show you that I DO WIN!!! As most of you know, Karsyn has been giving me A LOT of trouble lately. Enough that I just might go insane some days. She has decided that she doesn't need naps anymore and she is just going to take it upon herself to get out of her crib and do ANYTHING besides sleep. Some days it has been so quiet in there, I just thought she was asleep...wrong. The other day, after about 30 minutes of putting her down, I thought I heard the rattle of a door knob. I was sitting out in the family room just talking with my Mom (baby monitor on too) so I went back and opened the door to Karsyn spreading her poop all over the place. She was butt naked and had pooped on the floor, smeared it on the carpet, doors, and closet. I about lost it...good thing my Mom was here to save Karsyn, I mean me! The next day is when this picture was taken. She had gone to bed and got out AGAIN so I went in and brought her into my room to sleep in the pack and play (which she got out of again and again, so I told her to sleep on Logan's bed. Logan's room wasn't done yet so she was sleeping on the mattress on the floor. She cried FOREVER and I just made sure there was nothing that she could get into or destroy (or hurt herself) and shut the door on her. This is how I found her...for the next 3 hours might I add! I am pretty sure she just thinks she doesn't need naps anymore, because I KNOW SHE DOES!

Anyway sorry so long, I really thought this was going to be a short post with so few pictures! Oh well, happy terrible 2's to all you fellow Moms and be watching for some more house pictures soon!

6 comments:

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Your house looks beautiful! Moving is such a pain though! And that's funny about the naps! As mother's I think we all want them to nap until they're 16, I love Charli's nap time. And she thinks she doesn't need them anymore either!

BWhitesides said...

Hi girl!
I love your house! And your cute girls! Where did you move to? We are going to be looking soon- what a pain!
I would love to see you and catch up!

Lesa said...

Yay for you! Except for the poop part. Yuck. And how do you make a 2 year old clean it up as a punishment? It seems like no matter how it goes down, mom always suffers. ;)

Aleese and Scott said...

Barrick did the poop part at our house too! He wore zip up jammies with a safety pin in them for a long time during nap time. I was talking to Scotty the other day about what it would be like with our babies at 2. CRAZY!!!

Tara Chase said...

That is pretty funny! I think 3 is worse but maybe it is just my kids. Congrats on the house that is great I can't wait to see more pics!

Richard and Michelle said...

Holy moly girl you have got your hands full! The house looks great but I'm gonne need more pictures.

I can't believe the poop story. I will not be sharing that story with Richard cause then we'd never have a baby haha kidding, kindof.