Well Logan was in swimming lessons for the first time this last few weeks. She just took from a girl in my parents neighborhood and had a ton of fun. She and another girl were the only ones in the class (the little boy you see in the picture only came the first day), and the other girl was 5 and Logan could totally out swim her. She spends a lot of time in the water but has never had any formal lessons so it was different for her to have to sit and listen and practice as opposed to jumping off the diving board and playing around. The lesson was only 6 days and they were only a half hour long, but she seemed to learn a little bit!
Logan learning to kick her feet and do "ice cream scoops" with her arms to the wall!
The girls went to their doctor check up yesterday and...good news they both are doing great! Kennedy was 4lbs 9oz when we last went about 3 weeks ago and yesterday she weighed 5lb 9oz! Because she gained what the doctor thought was good, we hooked her up to the pulse ox monitor and ended up turning her oxygen down to 1/32 of a liter. For those who don't know, that is the lowest it can go without turning it totally off. He said that if she continues at this rate and looks like she will be OK, he will check her again in 2 weeks and possibly take her off the oxygen completely!!! We won't get our hopes up that this will be the case because we want to give her all the time she needs to be totally ready to come off, but it would be so nice for her and us!
As for our little gal Karsyn, she was 7lbs 1 oz last time and now weighs 7lbs 13 oz! Of course the doctor is happy about the way she is progressing and doesn't need to see her again until their 6 month check up in September! After that we will be starting the flu shots and RSV shots in hopes of keeping them as healthy as possible! Good Job girls!!!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Logan Swimming Lessons and the girls doctor visits
Posted by Chelsey at 4:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
good job girls... all three! It looks like Lagan learned a little at swimming lessons! I hope Kennedy will keep growing and get off all that dang equipment! Won't that be a happy day for all of you!! We miss you guys, 1 more month and we will be home!!
It is funny to think how big the girls are, but yet so small. I am so glad that they are growing and doing well. No more oxygen would be great!
I'm so happy for the girls progress... Keep up the hard work baby girls.
Hey Chels. Your girls are so cute. Especially Logan is getting so grown up. I love how the twins are smiling. You are amazing. I'm sorry I never got the chance to come visit you. It seemed like either Jane or I had some sort of weird sickness-or we were out of town. We are coming home for Christmas- so I will have no lame excuses then. I really want to give you a hug for being such an amazing mom. I can't imagine having twins. I think Jane is enough sometimes. Good luck with everything.
Post a Comment