This is our new way of trying to get some sleep at night. For some reason Karsyn and Kennedy don't like to go to sleep at night (at least when we want them to), therefore Logan won't go to sleep either. Lately Kurt has been laying down with Logan and Karsyn in Logan's bed after Karsyn eats, while I lay in bed with Kennedy until she falls asleep enough to lay her down. Luckily for us once the girls are all asleep they stay that way and usually don't wake up until around 5:00 or 6:00 to eat, and then Logan sleeps in until about 9:00!!
Well Karsyn and Kennedy went to the doctor today for their 4 month well check visit. Karsyn weight is now 7 lbs 1 oz and about 19.5 inches long! Kennedy is now 4 lbs 9 oz and about 17 inches! Both girls got their second round on immunizations and have pretty much been zonked out at home ever since.
Ok all you mothers, I am in desperate need for some advice! While Logan is doing really well with the girls home and is so much help to me, she is also deciding that she wants to be a baby. She is starting to wet and poop her pants again and when she does she will go upstairs and put on a diaper. Sometimes after she does it she throws a massive fit and won't want a diaper! I know that she is wanting more attention and this is probably her way of doing it but I don't know if I should just let her deal with it and move out of the phase on her own, or if we should put her back in pull ups??? I want to do what is best for her but at the same time I also don't want to have to worry about her going to friends houses or outside without peeing! HELP, if anyone has been through this once having a baby or knows what to do let me know!
Ok all you mothers, I am in desperate need for some advice! While Logan is doing really well with the girls home and is so much help to me, she is also deciding that she wants to be a baby. She is starting to wet and poop her pants again and when she does she will go upstairs and put on a diaper. Sometimes after she does it she throws a massive fit and won't want a diaper! I know that she is wanting more attention and this is probably her way of doing it but I don't know if I should just let her deal with it and move out of the phase on her own, or if we should put her back in pull ups??? I want to do what is best for her but at the same time I also don't want to have to worry about her going to friends houses or outside without peeing! HELP, if anyone has been through this once having a baby or knows what to do let me know!






6 comments:
What a cute picture of Kurt with the girls! Deosn't sound like very fun sleeping arrangments but whatever works at this point right! poor Logan, she has been through a lot! Maybe you can start a little reward program with her but make it a little harder than just potty training would be. Like dry for three days in a row she gets a treat or something. I am sure she will grow out of it but just keep remembering your childhood.... it may not be an attention thing! You may just have a hard trainer unfortunatly! She will figure it out!! I miss you guys! Give the girls a kiss for me! MUAH!
Hey Chels. I love the pictures. They are so precious and the girls look so big. I was asking Chris if he had any doctors advice about your problem with Logan. He said that those things do happen and there isn't really a medical resolution. He said that it is probably just an attention thing and she just needs more attention at other times. He told me there was a boy who would throw up after every meal and so his parents took him to the dr to see if there was something wrong and they found out it was behavioral. One time he threw up after eating dinner and got a lot of attention and so he just kept doing it - whether it was on purpose or subconciously. His suggestion was to reward her and give her attention for good behaviors and don't reward those things she knows are wrong...Anyway, keep up the good work,eh? You guys look great.
This may sound lame but whenever Noah would pee his pants, I wouldn't get mad ( well sometimes I would) but when I was doing well, I would tell him that it made me a Jason really sad when he peed his pants and that seemed to register to him. It didn't completely stop the peeing but I think it helped in the long run because if he peed his pants he would say "does that make you sad, mom? I won't do it again."
It seems like you guys are getting used to the whole arrangement. Yesterday Brynlee got all of her feedings by nipple and Lyza drank a whole bottle (which is a first for her). They are trying to ween Brynlee off of .1 liter of flow but she is not tolerating it. I think they are going to try again today and see how she does. But she is getting closer to getting home. YA!! Lyza still has a while but she is doing well too.
That picture of your girls together is so dang cute! Sorry I don't have any help for Logan, I haven't been there yet.
Love those pictures!!!! Sorry about Logan, but I am not much help with it. It sounds like good advice that has been given already!
Those are the sweetest pictures!
Olivea also had that problem when Lucy was born. She would go in the other room and pee on the floor-she totally stopped using the toilet. So we started putting her in diapers again.
She also wanted to sleep in the crib, drink out of a bottle and have a pacifier. Some of the things we let her do, like the diapers, not a battle that can be won. I gave her a bottle of breast milk one day-she hated it and that solved that problem. But somethings, like the pacifier and crib, we just said no to.
She wore diapers for about 2 months, then when the box was empty, I told her they were all gone and that she needed to start using the toliet again, and she did.
We also tried to increase her time with just us, she and her dad took swimming lesson-3 times, he could probably teach the class if he wanted. And I would take her with me to do special things-even if it was just going to the store. And we really focused on rewarding the positive behaviors we wanted to see. Mostly with lots of verbal praise at the time, and then bringing it up a little later. You know "I really liked it when you did [whatever} earlier today." And we tried not to make a big deal of the negative choices. We ignored them if we could, and were just very matter of fact about the dieaper changes. Guilt and shame are the worst possible motivators.
Anyway, she was able to work through the change, and the problem resolved itself.
I say let her wear pull ups, if that is going to prevent messes. Going to the bathroom is one of those things that everyone has to do (duh), so you don't want to attach any stigma to it.
You are probably right, it is a way for her to get attention. These trasitions are difficult for all kids, but Sweet Logan has had a lot of extra things to deal with, in addition to just getting a new sibling.
You know her best, and you know what is best for her. Trust your mom instincts. You have done a great job so far.
Okay, I'll get off my soap box now. Sometimes the years of being a therapist just get the best of me. So, in addition to my mom advice, you got the therapist advice as well. :)
Post a Comment