Well as you can all imagine one thing I wanted for mother's day was to be able to get Karsyn and Kennedy together for just a minute. We got to do just this, and yes it was just for a minute. Kennedy is on the right and Karsyn the left, aren't they cute?
Kennedy is much more tired than Karsyn, she is trying so hard to thrive and grow.
We are now able to feed Kennedy once a day now, just like big sister Karsyn.
As for Karsyn, she is now in a big girl bed, no longer in the incubator. Karsyn is growing big and is able to control her own temperature now and can be in this open crib.
Karsyn now weighs 3lbs and 12 ounces, WOW!!!
Kennedy weighs 2lbs and 11 ounces!!
Another thing we can do with Karsyn is dress her. This is her first shirt, provided by the NICU, and as you can see it is just a little bit big still. We have bought a few things for them in the preemie size but I doubt they will fit.
Here is our first picture with Mom, Dad and both girls. I wish more than anything I could say this is our first whole family picture but we are missing our little Logan. Dad is holding Kennedy and Mom is holding Karsyn, this is as close as they have been for almost 8 weeks. From here on out it looks like all the girls need to do is grow. In order to do this they need to be taking the bottle more than once a day, obviously and then they also need to still come down on their oxygen settings which along with most things Karsyn is much more ahead than Kennedy.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Happy Mother's Day
Posted by Chelsey at 5:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
What a great Mother's day present!! I can't belive how big they are getting! Yea! a big girl bed and clothes! Way to go Karsyn! Maybe they will be home when we come for a visit.. at least Karsyn!
You are such a cute MOM, I'm happy that you are getting to actually hold and feed them now. Before you know it they'll be home!
yeah! What a great gift! They are looking good.
They look so great! I am so happy they are soing so well!
Post a Comment